Skype
BlakMuffin

Wandering Ninja Spirit Wandering Ninja Spirit

Classical, Metal, or Electronic, I still can't handle how much of a genius you are at writing music. Throughout the last year or so that I've been listening to your music, I'm blown away every time.

DanJohansen is Love, DanJohansen is Life.

So as always, great work, mate.

DanJohansen responds:

I'm honored by your great feedback Muffin, thanks for your time and review. I Shall continue releasing tunes so stay tuned for more in 2014!

Xbox One Must Die Xbox One Must Die

Looks like you have your shit together, man.

Hell yeah Black Muffin! Rock on man \m/

Celestial Fantasy Celestial Fantasy

I have no idea how in the world you're able to pump out so many original and creative tracks so quickly. I have a hard time just coming up with a chorus or hook for any of my songs, let alone arrangements for them.

GIVE US YOUR SECRETS, O GREAT DANJOHANSEN

DanJohansen responds:

Hahaha, I think a lot of people have a ton of different ways they approach music creation. I can share some of how my mind works though.

1. I never learnt music theory/scales etc. So my mind is never even on that, I think that clears up a lot of space creativity can take instead. Also, not knowing scales will force you to explore with emotional changes and twist yourself instead of already knowing it by default which can make it a more technical process instead of an adventurous one.

2. Play a ton of games and Anime's has boosted my creativity a ton throughout the years. I just love that stuff! And know what kind of music you love the most and would like to contribute to etc. I find composing what I would like to buy and listen to myself works the best for me.

3. Have a solid vision/painting/happening ready in your mind before you start making something. It can be whatever depending on what you're going for. Just a kick ass scenario taken out of context, a deeper meaning or something pure artsy-fartsy lol

Quest for Immortality P.1 Quest for Immortality P.1

Is it just me or is the rhythm guitar in this song way too panned into the right ear?

I find it really bothersome, to be honest. It's really my only complaint with the song, but it's enough of an annoyance for me to really not enjoy the song that much.

DanJohansen responds:

Sounds strange, do you have a connection issue with your speakers or headphones? The panning is fine and it's been adjusted carefully throughout the tune.

Mecha Soul 4000 Mecha Soul 4000

I'm going to make a remix of this song someday. Dear Lord the eargasms.

DanJohansen responds:

I would dig to hear that remix my friend! THANKS for listening

[dj-Jo] Planetarium [dj-Jo] Planetarium

My room smells like tuna casserole now, thanks.

You and your orgasmic music.

Power-Suit Power-Suit

I should really make it a mission of mine to do a drum cover of every single one of your songs. They're so amazing, and the drums I feel really make the whole tune.

You earn all my stars.

DanJohansen responds:

I would dig to hear some drum covers man, that would be kickass, link it to me if you ever do it man!

Liquides- Pinkie Pie Song Liquides- Pinkie Pie Song

It means nothing if you're not a brony yourself. This is a great song, but I get the impression that you don't like ponies yourself. Pony songs kind of lose their touch if the artist isn't a brony.

I'm just sayin'.

Liquides responds:

They seems to be nice , I just didn't watched the show and don't know them well. But I'm glad that You enjoyed the song ;)

LoZ: Mini Boss Theme RmX LoZ: Mini Boss Theme RmX

Time to grab my sword and chop down some grass.

LoZ: Hyrule Field Dubstep LoZ: Hyrule Field Dubstep

At first I was all like ._. "This doesn't sound like dubstep"
Then at 1:42 I was all like OnO
Then I was all like OuO "Nice"
Then at the end I went >w<

Then my ears exploded and everything in the room became white.